Friday, March 28, 2008

The Treasure at the End

Yesterday Natalie was seen by a physician as part of the requirement by the Embassy. He was just wonderful and he prescribed a cough medicine for her. I don't know what was in it, but I think I want to keep the extra! :) Natalie and I had been "battling" about her brushing her teeth. Yesterday after she had her first dose, she immediately went into the bathroom, picked up her toothbrush, put toothpaste on it and started brushing her teeth. She has consistently done so since. Also when we were at the airport, she absolutely refused to use a regular toilet even with me holding her. We had been using a little potty in Krasnoyarsk and the hotel provided one here. On a whim, I put her on the big toilet and she went. Again she has consistently been using it and flushing it completely on her own. She washes her hands without being told and I really do believe she is related on my mother's side. She cleans up the room constantly and reminds me of things such as putting away my shoes. She is such a sweet girl and as difficult as the journey was to get her, I am so glad that I hung in there as she is truly a treasure.
Today I met another couple here with my agency who have adopted a little boy. We will be traveling on the same flight from Moscow to Atlanta. God is so good!! It will be nice to have another family to travel with.
Off to the Embassy this afternoon!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation, Sherri, neither of my children have liked airplane seatbelts (tho they wear them in the car with no problem) and even though Nate uses the large toilet at home, he doesn't want to use one at someone elses house or in public places. The joys of being three! Hang in there- nearly home!
Love KK

Anonymous said...

Probably the rules of the orphanage have been instilled in her-cleaning up. What a wonderful virtue. Take care. Nancy

Heather Brandt said...

Thanks for sharing the update! It sounds like you are doing well! You are so close to being able to come back home. I pray that God will bless these final days in Russia and help you to have a good flight home.

heather

3 became 4... said...

Oh Sherri, it's so wonderful to hear how you and Natalie are doing!
She really sounds like a sweetie! And she has such a devoted and loving Mama...
Blessings to you both and safe travels!
In Christ,
Lyn Franks

Carey said...

WOW! You do have a treasure. Sounds like she's going to keep you in check and keep the house up for you. I agree w/Nancy..a GREAT virtue! She'll do just fine in America!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS, SHERRI! I'm so happy for you. Natalie is a cutie and I think she'll fit in well with your household, provided, that is, that she likes cats! But I'm sure she's getting used to them in photos at least. You'll be in my prayers as you depart Moscow and as you all get acclimated at home. I imagine you'll be continuing this blog for a while.
God bless,
Chris J.