Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday Flurries

I was able to visit Natalie this morning. She was pretty quiet and didn't talk alot, but she played just fine and just seeemed to be in a quiet mood. She bounces back and forth between liking sitting acitvities such as coloring to throwing the ball and playing with musical instruments. Today she sat in my lap as we looked at pictures and the little flip books that I got from my shower (thanks Misty!!) which she really enjoys. After our time together, I got to watch her eat lunch with her group. She ate the soup right away and was one of the first ones done. Then they gave her the main meal which consisted of meat, potaoes, bread and carrots I believe. She did great with the potatoes and vegetables, but wasn't much of a meat eater. Reminds me of my nieces when they were young. :) I am sure having mama watch her was a bit distracting too!!
I will not visit again until Monday. Tonight 2 of the couple here with my agency are picking up their boys. I will babysit for one of the families. One more week and then it will be my turn. Meanwhile I am finding my way around the city or rather I should say the area around the hotel. There are so many things within walking distance and I am really glad for that since it takes a lot of skill to drive around here .
Not much more to write about, but will continue to keep you posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherri
It must be so much fun going to see Natalie every day. Does she have favorite toys she will bring with her? What does she really enjoy doing?
We are thinking of you.
Kristl

Anonymous said...

Sherri, I am so excited about your court date. I know you are not able to see her today...but I know she is just as sad. Congrats on being a "mama". I cannot wait for you to bring her home.
Love, Nancy