Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Good-bye Krasnoyarsk

It's funny, the first several days here, everything was so new and exciting and then about a week or so later, I just was ready to head home, but then in the next several days things changed and I find that I have made some wonderful friends here and settled in to a regular rountine. Suddenly I need to pack and head out tomorrow.
As far as Natalie, she is doing 1000 times better. She feels good, is sleeping well and eating well. She is laughing and talking up a storm. Thank you to all who have been praying. Tonight we will go out with several American families who had successful court dates today and celebrate. I am about 90% packed so hopefully it will not take much longer (waiting on some clothes to dry. No dryer, just hanging on the radiator.)
Yeterday it felt like summer here and today there are snow flurries!! Crazy weather, just like home!!
It has been such a good experience and I am grateful that we are now on the way "home."
I honestly cannot say enough good things about the staff here in Krasnoyarsk. They have been wonderful!!
So off to Moscow for another week of offical paperwork and documents and then home on April 2. Thanks again to all who have written!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be feeling ready for home and wanting to get Natalie settled into her new nest. I'm sure your mom is anxious to meet her as well. I hope these next few days go fast. Lots of love
KK

Carey said...

So glad that all is going well. Sounds like you have a real sweeties. I can't believe the time has gone by so fast. Enjoy your time together in Moscow before you come HOME! YEA! Still praying for the 2 of you!

Cynthia said...

Sherri, We are so excited to continue to hear how well things are going. Natalie is so blessed to have such a wonderful Mother and a great home!
We can't wait to see both of you! Love, Ed and Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Cannot wait to see the two of you. I am so glad she is adjusting better. I hope things continue to be smooth. Love, Nancy

3 became 4... said...

Sherri-
I'm so glad to hear Natalie is doing well now! Praise God!
Still praying for you two...
In Christ,
Lyn Franks