Thursday, March 20, 2008

Last Visit

Today as my last "visit" with Natalie. Tomorrow I will have the day off and then Saturday morning go to pick her up. I can't believe that the day is finally here. Today I saw her after her nap and she was a bit sleepy at first. But she perked right up and we continued with playing, talking, coloring and looking at pictures. I pulled out the photo album that I had brought. We had not looked at it for several days. It is funny because all the caregivers are mama, but today she would look at me, then the picture and would say mama with just a little bit of encouragement. However, when she sees my mother's picture she immediately says Babushka the Russian word for grandmother. Thank you all so much for praying these last 2 weeks. It has made the time go by quicker and overall the interaction has been so good. Now, please continue to pray. It is a bit different going from spending 2 hours a day together to 24 hours together. I really do believe she will make the transition well.
Last night I attended the church service at the church here. It was a really sweet time and people are just so friendly. On the way home, it was snowing quite a bit, but didn't last very long. I must be adjusting to the change because I find that I don't zip my coat in the lounge (when waiting to be picked up) like a did the first several days and I haven't really used my gloves.
Not sure that I will post tomorrow, but I will check email. Thank you to all of those who have written. It is nice to get mail from home!!

4 comments:

vonsplace said...

Hi Mama Sherri, I hope your trip back it a special one, we miss you here. You are such an inspiration to many of us. Give that little cutie pie a hug for me. Love and blessings, Von Avant

Anonymous said...

Yay! The time is finally here. We will be thinking of you on the big day. May traveling mercies abound!
Love KK

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about Saturday for you and Natalie. Your daughter will be yours forever in your arms. I am so glad you are bonding so much and she is feeling the love between you two. One more day and your new life takes over. She has no idea how lucky and blessed she is to have you as her mama. I am sooooo happy for you. Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about tomorrow. Give her a hug from "auntie" Nancy..lots of love