Monday, March 3, 2008

Change is Good

I've always said that change is good. Today I found out that my travel days in Russia are changing. So quick emails and phone calls and a moment of panic. But it all works out. I will actually return back to the states 2 days earlier than originally planned. Best of all, I have only 1 instead of 2 connections and will get in at 9:30 PM instead of midnight!! How great is that? I have one set of documents to pick up tomorrow and overall it looks like those have all worked out. My brother has been here the last several days fixing little things and has been a huge blessing. I am sad to see him go, but I know he misses his family and is looking forward to going back home. One more day of work and for the most part, I am packed and ready to go. Two more appointments tomorrow and then putting the house in order. At that point, I think I will get REALLY excited. It is hard to believe that after almost 2 years and 9 months, I am on my way to bring my daughter home.
I can't begin to express my thanks and gratitude to all those who have helped me to make it through these last 2 and half weeks as I have been chasing documents, moving my mom, visiting with family, traveling, and just preparing to go. Please continue to pray for all the little details to fall into place. There will be 2 families from my agency when I arrive in Krasnoyarsk and another family will arrive shortly after they leave. I just continue to see God's provision and timing. I will do my best to keep the blog updated, but remember if you haven't heard from me, most likely I have not been in a place where I had Internet access!!
God is good!!

4 comments:

CalU Randy said...

Hey Sherri,

CJ passed along this joyous news!!!! congats. We are on a similar journey and ours goes through China...our daughter Molly is really excited about this!

Sincerely,

Randy

3 became 4... said...

Sherri-
I am so excited for you! You will be in my prayers every day!
-Lyn Franks (AWAA group and fellow Kras mom)

Anonymous said...

Sherri,
I send my love and care to you. I cannot wait until you bring your daughter, Natalie, home. I cannot wait to see her. I have been waiting over 2 years to meet her.

Give Natalie my love. See you when you return.
Love, Nancy Walker

Kevin, Christy and Evan said...

So excited for you as you prepare to make your final trip to bring Natalie home. I will have you both in my prayers. I can't wait to meet her.

Christy