Today I visited Natalie in the afternoon. Tomorrow it will be in the morning. I got there just as she was waking up from her nap, so it takes a little time for her to start talking. She really is a sweet child and I am amazed at her ability to stay focused. Today we colored, worked on some English words, did puzzles and just played. We were sitting at a table and I moved away to the couch and in my best Russian accent spoke "Come here" in Russian. She picked up the coloring book and crayons and brought them right over to me. What a wonderful feeling. So I have gone through my cheat sheets and have written down key words and phrases. Unfortunately I will not get to see her over the weekend, so I plan to study and try to master some words and phrases so I don't have to rely on the cheat sheets.
During our time there, a gentleman came into the room and she began crying. I was able to pick her up and hold her and she let me comfort her. A bit later he spoke to her and she warmed up to him and was fine. Part of the problem may have been that she actually did not nap, because she was waiting for mama to come. Every day I am just amazed that I am now a mother and will be bringing home my daughter. I am so thankful to the Lord. Some times it is really heard to understand his timing, but as I sit back I am able to see how He has worked so many things out. One of the blessing has been being here as the same time as Debbie and Tim from Ohio. We usually have dinner together and that has been a lot of fun. Last night we went to the Irish Steakhouse and the whole menu was in Russian and no one spoke English. I had chicken Kabobs which were quite good.
Tomorrow I will get to visit Natalie in the morning and I will also get to stay and watch her eat. That will also give me a better idea of what foods she is used to. Sunday I will be attending a Russian church with a missionary here. So that will also help pass the time.
The weather was a bit warmer today and it did snow a little, more like a dusting.
Thanks again for all the emails and comments on my blog!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
:0) She sounds wonderful!
So glad you are bonding so well! I pray that your ten days will fly by and that you will have a smooth transition as you and she spend your first few days as a family. By the way, in case you all haven't been, there is a Turkish restaurant just before "Miks Patio" that is pretty good. They have one English menu for the whole place but it didn't seem to be a problem since we were the only ones who needed it:0) The food was pretty good and all of the menu items had a picture.
Blessings, Susan Banchero
Natalie is so blessed to have you for her Momma!
hey sherri, we are so happy for you and cannot wait to meet your daughter when you get back to greensboro. i tell susan matthews whenever i hear from you on your posts. it sounds like you are doing well and before you know it you will be back in the states missing russia like we do.we cannot wait to go back someday. jaime shaw
Post a Comment