Last night I had a dream in which I got a phone call from the coordinator here and she told me that even though my court date was over, they still wanted more documents!! Of course that is not true but after all the paper chasing, I guess my brain cannot grasp the reality that it is done! Woo Hoo!! Went to see Natalie this morning. When I arrived she was sitting in the play room with her classmates watching a nature video. Immediately I heard her say something about mama and she came over to sit with me. We had a delightful time playing today and I can tell that she is feeling more and more comfortable. I am slowly learing some practical words in Russian and she is trying out some English words. I also took some of the clothes and the shoes I brought and tried them on. They fit and so I won't have to go out and try to find some. Just about anything you can think of is available here in the city so that would not have been a problem.
This morning when I woke up it was minus 12 Celcius and that is the coldest it has been yet. Still no real snow. Yesterday after court I walked around the city a bit and checked out some of the stores. It is a large city but I am enjoying being here. I also met another couple here yesterday that came with a different agency. The had flown into Moscow and there was no one to meet them, so they had to figure out where to stay (they missed their connection) until the next day when they were able to get in touch with someone. The staff in country that I am working with have been exceptional. They are always there when you arrive or depart and very punctional. They are also so good about explaining what is going on and what to expect. Knowing that takes a huge weight off and just frees me up to focus on Natalie and to enjoy my time here.
Thanks so much for all of those who have written emails and commented in the blog. It is always so great to hear from you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ha!!!
I bet I'll have the same dream-LOL!
It's over girl! I'm am so thrilled for you that it actually is! Only a few more days and she will be ALL yours!
Praise God :0)
-Lyn Franks
Post a Comment