Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Question Is

No longer what do people blog about, but rather where do they find the time to do it every day. I'm squeezing this in between the dishes that need to be washed, the carpet that needs to be vacuumed (from Pippi digging in my hibiscus tree and throwing dirt everywhere 2 days ago), lunches that need to be made, bills paid (at least one has to go out tomorrow) and preparing to be in bed in 20 minutes so I can get 8 hours of sleep before dealing with the new snow storm coming in tonight. No school again tomorrow! By the way, no problems getting into work today! Yeah!!

Perhaps if I had not had to take Pippi back to the vets (due to chronic diarrhea-which turned out that she STILL has round worms and is now on a new round of medicine) and had to deal with a furnace (the 4th time in 2 years) not working I would have already written this post and would be slowly easing myself into the bed for a glorious 8 full hours of sleep!! The furnace man came on overtime pay and now it is working!

Natalie got her report card today and she definitely made some huge gains. Two areas that were great to see in which she moved from just satisfactory to outstanding were in the areas of showing respect and consideration for others and using good manners!! I feel like I am always telling her to say thank you and dealing with showing respect. How nice to see that she has listened and is incorporating these skills into every day situations. She also got O's for asking for help when needed and completing her home work. Personally, I think I deserve the O for completing the homework. We have made great gains in that area but we still spend a lot of time doing home work. Her teacher has been good to work with and that is a blessing. She is improving in unnecessary talking. Ah, my social child that loves to talk. This is a tough one for her.

Well, I am down to 10 minutes until bedtime, so off I go to wave my magic wand and to get the kitchen completely done!!

1 comment:

KDH said...

funny, some of your comments, esp about the report card. We need to cross cats - not exactly - my buddy has had the opposite problem. :0 Glad Pippi didn't eat the hibiscus - flower stains are tough to clean!