The title is in reference to my adoption journey, not my drive in this morning, which I will address later. Today Natalie and I went to meet with our social worker. Since I went in late today I had to use some of my time off. When we got to the office, it turned out the social worker was not there due to a death in her family. I was immediately frustrated because it seems that every step of this journey has been met with some type of issue. As I have blogged in the past, the reports have to be done in a very timely fashion. Once I get the report back, it still has to travel to Raleigh and back to me and then to VA and then onto Russia. The last 2 reports have been down to the wire and I was so hopeful this would not be the case again.
But I have to say the staff there was so kind and apologetic and they have made arrangements to have another social worker available on Monday. So we will head back to the office on Monday. Again I am hopeful that it will all work out.
This morning I tried to head out about 7:15. By 7:30 I was ready to head back home and did so another 15 minutes later. It was soooo icy and I saw no less than 6 accidents or cars off the road in that time. To me it just was not worth it. At one place I could not even get on the on ramp because they had closed it. I had to travel 2 miles up the road and get on it there. My car was slipping and it was very foggy. I later went in at 9:00 and the roads were great. A lot of snow melted today and I am hearing that the roads could have black ice on them again tomorrow morning. I'm thinking it may not be as bad because the day before it had rained all day yesterday. Natalie has a 2 hour delay and I am betting that there will be no school again on Friday as they are calling for a freezing rain/sleet/snow combo coming late Thursday night/ Friday morning into Saturday. Oh well, Phil did see his shadow after all!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm impressed that you kept up with 3 day straight, as you said you wanted to..waiting for the next several as to enjoy reading!
Safe travels!
Post a Comment