Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Different Perspective

I wish I could say that I feel great and fantastic, but I don't. I felt better yesterday, but I don't feel as bad as I did on Wednesday, and since it is day 3 of antibiotics, I thought I would be well on the way to recovery. It may be due to the fact that I have been home all day with Natalie, who is a VERY social child that likes constant interaction and loves to talk!! I'm tired:) But I don't want this post to be whiny.

So on to a different perspective. I was reading earlier tonight on my adoption chat group. Someone had posted a link to a blog. It is about a woman who gives birth to a special needs child (won't go into detail in case you want to read it.) The story itself is powerful and you may need a tissue or two. I read the specific post (http://enjoyingthesmallthings.blogspot.com/2010/01/nella-cordelia-birth-story.html) but then checked out more current posts. What struck me about this blog (other than the powerful story and how well written it is) was the photography. The woman is a professional photographer and the pictures are stunning and just incredible.

In my younger years, I used to have a great camera and took a lot of pictures. Now I take a lot of pictures, but they are of Natalie and Bashka standing by the pumpkin or Natalie posing in a new outfit. It's not that I don't like the pictures or recording the events that we have attended or performed, but this blog has challenged me to take a different perspective on how I take pictures, especially of Natalie. The woman mentioned something along the lines of always having a camera in hand and looking for the little things and the unusual things-I think she gave an example of a wisp of her daughter's hair. So I want to have a different perspective when I get ready to take a picture. Maybe I need a different type of digit camera or maybe I need to pull out my 26 year old Cannon and buy some film. Maybe Natalie and I should just have a day of shooting pictures and being silly. Maybe I just need a different perspective on how beautiful my daughter really is. Maybe............

No comments: