I wasn't even going to blog tonight as I feel terrible. Can't get into the doctor's office until late tomorrow afternoon. I didn't make it to work today. I am so stuffed up, coughing and my nose won't stop running. So I sound horrible and one word from my mouth and you can tell I am sick. BUT I am so tired of telemarketers!!! I am on the do not call list but that doesn't seem to do a lot of good. From what I understand, charitable groups are exempt, groups that you have a credit card with or use their product can call still.
So today I get a call. I don't have caller ID and most of the time I let the answering machine get it. But I am upstairs in bed and the answering machine is downstairs so I answer the phone hoping it is the doctor's office and they have had a cancellation. But it is a woman from National Geographic (I ordered the junior magazine for Natalie from a co-worker's son who was selling magazine subscriptions and I am not going to renew the magazine) and she is telling me about a free map and a DVD she is sending if I want it I can keep it for only $19.99. I tell here to not send the DVD because I will just send it right back and I don't want it. She begins to try to convince me why I need it. At this point, I just reply, "Look, I'm sick and I am not going to argue with you, I don't want it." I then hung up. There was a time when I tried to be polite. But I have gotten to the point where if I kindly tell them I am not interested and they continue, then I am hanging up. I didn't call them, I didn't express interest in the product and I am not obligated to give them my time, especially when I feel bad.
So it is 2 minutes until 9:00 PM and the phone rings. I am just about to get in bed and I think it might be a friend calling because I have turned off my cell phone. No, it is some man calling from some lung association thanking me for supporting them in the past. ?????????? I don't remember doing so. My first response to him is that he is calling very late and I told him I was sick and in bed. His response, Well, I'm sorry to hear that, BUT and then he started on his speech. I hung up. Unbelievable.
I know people have a job, but they need to be respectful when people tell them they are not interested. Well, time to get off my soap box and head to bed!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment