Monday, February 8, 2010

One step down

Today Natalie and I met with the social worker who is filling in for the one who had a death in her family. We had a great visit and I mentioned how the paperwork has to go to Raleigh, back to me and be in VA by March 11th. As you well know, the last two reports have been down to the wire, so I am really sensitive in this area. She seemed surprised by the number of places that it has to travel, but she made the comment that she would probably have it done by the end of the week. It still has to be signed off by the SW supervisor, but WOW what a change to think I might actually be able to use 2 day mail, see the official stamp from Raleigh and have it to the office in VA with plenty of time to spare. Now as optimistic as I want to be, the fact that there is always something going on, makes me just want to hold my breath until I actually have it in my hands:) But it is nice to have the visit over and know that we are in process.

One of my former patients passed away today. She came to the facility not long after I started there and I worked with her on and off during the last 4 years. I am just so grateful to know that death is not the end. But that there is a Hope after death.

If you read this tonight, please remember my friend Christy's son in prayer tomorrow. He is just 3 and has to have surgery.

Speaking of tomorrow, I am off to bed as I have been fighting a respiratory infection, the chills and a fever. Thankfully Natalie is doing just fine!!

1 comment:

KDH said...

Glad "down" meant one thing checked off your list! Get better sooon!