Tuesday, February 2, 2010

On the Road

I'm happy to report that the roads were in much better condition today. Thankfully it was 34 degrees when I got up and there wasn't any ice on the road where I was. I took the long way to work but was able to go 55 the whole way. On the way home, I came back my normal way and for the most part everything was in good shape. There were still some piles of snow on the roads but only in the area that the car travels over. The subdivision still had snow on the road but they did come by this evening and plow it. It has rained the whole day and the temperature never got above 34 degrees. In some ways I miss living in Boston. I feel like we are experiencing the same weather but without the benefit of the cleared roads!! Haha! I do have to say, my county did a pretty good job of getting most of the main and secondary roads cleared pretty quickly.

No school again tomorrow. But I am so grateful for Bashka. I don't know what I would do with Natalie if she couldn't stay with Bashka.

Tomorrow Natalie and I go for her 3rd post placement report. Russia requires a total of 4 reports. They are at the 6 month, 1 year, 2 year and 3 year mark of being home. It is hard to believe in 2 months Natalie will have lived here for 2 years. What incredible changes I have seen in her. Tonight I began placing pictures in her album for October 2008. What an amazing transformation in those first 6 months home. I think that is where I have seen the biggest changes.

They are calling for more snow this weekend. Not sure how it is all going to work out. Hopefully it will be just snow and not ice. I'll keep you posted!!

1 comment:

KDH said...

At least the weather gives you something to blog about! lol - wish it were how many flowers you saw bloom today!