Today I spent most of the day working on a photo book. I had made one from a special program but never had it printed. I got an invitation from my friend Christy for a free photo book through Shutterfly, so I spent the day duplicating the book in the Shutterfly program. This was one of my projects and goals for this year. I want to give it to Natalie on her 6th birthday in July. The book covers the time from her referral pictures to our plane ride home. As you know I have also been working on a scrapbook covering her first year home. (I am now on Christmas 2008.) As I looked at those pictures during the visits at the orphanage and those first few months together, I am just humbled by God's goodness and faithfulness in giving me this beautiful child. I think of how quiet and reserved she was at the beginning and I look at this child now who just can't stop talking. Even tonight as she was being silly, I realized that her grammar and language have really grown in leaps and bounds. She still gets a few things mixed up, but the average Joe would have no idea that less than 2 years ago this child lived in a baby home and spoke Russian.
What a joy and privilege it has been to watch this child blossom right before my eyes. I have to think in some ways that it must be like this for the Lord. To watch us as we grow in our faith and step out in those things he has called us to do. So many times I feel like I am constantly redirecting Natalie and saying the same thing over and over. Yet, if I look back at those things I was always repeating a year or so ago, I realize that I am not saying those things and if fact, I don't have to because now she has learned the task and completes it without giving it a second thought. I want to be like that in my walk with the Lord. To be able to so clearly hear what he is saying that I just "know" what the next step is. To have the faith to carry it out just because he has told me what to do and I accept what I am to do. I want it to be a part of my every day routine just like Natalie knows that every morning she makes her bed and puts her dirty clothes in the laundry.
She is truly such a different child from 2 years ago. She has matured in so many ways. I want people to be able to look at my life and say that about my relationship with the Lord! I know I still have so far to go, but with God's constant redirecting and repeating, there is definitely hope for me yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I've enjoyed catching up with you through your new blog postings! Glad to know you all are doing well and that Natalie is thriving :)Sorry your post placement was stressful again. I keep hoping that one of ours will NOT be stressful but both have been scary so far! Can't wait to celebrate with you when you are done with all of yours (and when we are, as well)!
heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com
The book idea is awesome! I've been toying with the same idea since we got home and think giving it to the children at age 6!
Can't believe it's been two years!
God Bless. . .
Post a Comment