It is funny how often we look forward to the weekend except when you are in the adoption process. That means 2 days where offices aren't open, mail doesn't go out and UPS doesn't deliver. I find myself busy working during the week days and at times franticially trying to get to an office, get a document notarized and making it to the UPS office before the last pickup.
I always think, I will slow down and enjoy the weekend but then the weekend is here and gone and I am back on the run again.
But today I want to really stop and hold on to this time. Today I have been so encouraged and my heart touched by so many people who don't understand the delays in the process any more than I do. Yet they have set aside their precious weekend time to reach out to me. I am truly thankful and grateful that I am not alone on this journey!!
Flashback: In April after I attended the conference, I began to really pray and research the adoption process. (I now realize I have learned far more by living it!) I checked into a variety of countries. Some I was limited by the fact that I was single, some because they were closed countries (no longer allowing adoptions) some because I would have to spend too much time in country at one time (the irony at this point is that the second trip to Russia is now about a month) and some I just didn't feel were the right country for me. Through the narrowing down process and praying I knew Russia was the country that I was going to adopt from. So I then began the next phase which was to locate an agency that I felt was right for me. It is amazing how many adoption agencies there are. Some specify in a few countries and others work with a lot of countries. I knew that I wanted to go with a Christian Agency and after doing some leg work I decided on America World Adoption Association. In the mean time I had switched jobs, stepping down from a management position to a staff position so I would have the time to spend with my daughter in the future. Little did I know that I would need that time to process and chase all the documents needed. On June 6, 2005 I submitted my application to AWAA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment