Today marks 3 weeks since my fingerprints were received at the FBI office. I am waiting for a Federal Police clearance to proceed with the adoption process. Yesterday I finally spoke to someone who was very pleasant and offered to help if I had not received my clearance by tomorrow. I have been checking my UPS tracking number (I have the 18 digit number memorized) and the clearance has not been sent out. So there is no way it will arrive tomorrow. This is the last document I need to proceed to the next step which is to have a court date set. I would greatly appreciate your prayers that it would be sent out tomorrow!
When I lived in Romania and returned to the United States, one of my prayers was that the "adventures" (which there were many in Romania) would not stop. God has certainly answered that request. Hence; the name of my blog. This was also my theme on my newsletters that I sent from Romania.
Flashback:
To say that this adoption has been an adventure would be an understatement.
I think I have thought about adoption on and off throughout the years. In 2002 I decided to move from Boston to be closer to my family. I moved south to NC and some of my family also moved south. I knew it would be important to have a good support system in place and to have my family close by if I did pursue adoption. In 2005 while cooresponding with a former neighbor, I discovered that he was in the process of adopting a child. He really encouraged me to look into adoption. It turned out that I would be heading to Boston in April to attend a friend's wedding. The wedding was on a Sunday and that Saturday there was an adoption conference. The Lord never ceases to amaze me the way he times things. So I attended the conference and really learned so much and got just a tiny glimpse of what was involved!!
That was the beginning for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment