I travel about 20 miles to get to work one way. Most of this is on a two lane road through the country. There is one section where I go up a hill and down a hill and repeat this 2 more times. There are times when I am on the cell phone and when I go down the hill I sometime drop a call and lose communication with the person I am talking to. Then there are the days like today , when it is still dark and I am heading to work and there is freezing rain falling. The last several days have felt like I am constantly stuck on that section of the road.
I feel like I am at the top of the hill making progress with this process, only to go down hill and to feel like I am at the bottom. There at the bottom, I am not able to communicate with anyone; some how I can't seem to make them understand the urgency of getting their part of the process completed so I can move to the next stage to bring Natalie home. But then I go up the hill and I am encouraged because I can see all around and I can hold onto the fact that I know that God will complete this adoption. On days like today, I feel like I am slipping and sliding. But the interesting thing is that I don't go off the road and my car doesn't flip over and eventually I am at work safe and sound.
Today I began the process to collect the additional documents. Jump in the car with me as we start up the hill. First I contact the home study agency to get a copy of the license of the social worker who did the home study. Turns out that social workers in NC don't have a license but work under their agency's license. So now we are going down the hill. I pass on that information to my family coordinator who lets me know what to do in that case and how to proceed. Yeah, we are coming up the hill again and I pass that information onto the Home Study agency. So then I head to the county courthouse and pick up a document that I have gotten no less than 5 times. As I am talking to the ladies, they say something that later makes me stop and realize that I have gotten the wrong document. Of course this hits me as I am almost home. Going back down the hill, but I make a call to the correct office and I get a message that they will be moving so their offices will be closed for 3 days, but I am able to shift and start climbing again because it is not until the 25th. A very nice lady answers my questions and I assure her I will be back tomorrow to get the correct document. Off to the bank to get another document notarized and the woman informs me that they are now only able to notarize certain documents. hmmm. Going down hill again, but then she realizes that all she is doing is notarizing my signature and we are good to go and up the hill I go. I leave there and head off to UPS to overnight my request for my birth certificate. I give them the address and they can't send it because the address is a PO Box and they require a street address. Here we go down again. But there is a phone number so I call and wait and wait and finally I am told that they have no street address to send it to. So I am thinking I don't want this to go just in a regular envelop. But the nice woman at UPS informs me that the US post office can send packages that you can track to PO Boxes. Woo Hoo, we are going up the hill again. So now it is 4:45 PM and the post office is across town. But I get there and there is only one person ahead of me. The nice postal worker tell me that it will be there at 12 noon tomorrow and here is the tracking number and it is sent off for only a fraction of the cost that it would have been at UPS.
As I pull out of the post office the rain is falling and it is not freezing as I drive on a nice level road home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great is the Lord and mighty are His ways.
Post a Comment