Saturday, January 26, 2008

Prayer Day


Today the families in my chat group associated with my adoption agency have set aside today as a day of prayer. If you would like to join us , here are the most common requests: court dates, document gathering, referrals, financial provisions and travel mercies. My requests all centered around my document gathering and the FBI clearance, which God has already answered. So the main request I have is for a court date and the arrival of my documents at the adoption agency and on to Russia. We have seen some incredible answers to prayer the last 2 years that I have been a part of this group. It has also been so good to have people who know exactly what you are going through and feeling. It has been neat to meet people virtually and maybe some day in person who you have shared the journey with. Thank you so much for your commitment to walk this journey with me
and to be in prayer with me!!

FLASHBACK: At 11:00 I met the Krasnoyarsk team and we headed out to the Ministry of Education. I met with an official there who was very nice and she asked and answered questions. From there we headed over to an orphanage where the main director was housed. She reviewed Natalie's history with me, asked me questions and I asked her questions. Finally around 2:30 we headed over to the orphanage or the Baby Home as they refer to it that Natalie lived in. There I met with the director/doctor at that home. She reviewed the history again and answered more questions. Finally they asked if I was ready to meet Natalie. I had to wait a little bit as she had been taking a nap. A caregiver opened the door and walked in with her. (Above: View from the hotel of Krasnoyarsk.)


No comments: