Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Pressing On

Nothing new to report on the adoption front. But lots of progress on the addition today and the electrical passed inspection. The next big hurtle is for the plumber to come. Not sure when that will happen. I noticed the other day that some of the trees actually have buds on them. We have had such crazy weather, warm one day and cold the next. Lately I think I might feel a bit like the bud. Still all bundled up but waiting impatiently to burst out. I've been living without a dining room for almost a year (the furniture storage room) and rooms packed with boxes and stuff since my mom moved in. Don't get me wrong, it has been a blessing having her here. But I am ready to help her get settled so I can start to move things around and feel settled too. If things continue at the current rate, I could definitely see her moving into her own place next month. The timing would be great, but then again the Lord does always have the timing thing down. When I feel like things are completely out of my control, the best therapy seems to be to move the furniture around. I don't know if anyone can relate to this, but somehow I feel like I have managed to have change and bring about order. I have been warned by numerous people to really take advantage of the time to get things in order and cleaned out because there just won't be that kind of time for a long time.
So I plan to rejoice in the "down" time and get all the 99 projects I have going on completed!!

FLASHBACK:
I left for Moscow for what was going to be a 5 hour flight. It was soon 6 hours and then 6 1/2 hours and then finally we landed. Then I waited almost 2 hours to get my luggage. I kid you not!! Later I found out the my flight had been rerouted due to the fact that the airport was fogged in!! Still never understood why the luggage took so long to get. But my ride wasn't there when I finally got through, but I made a phone call and we met up shortly afterwards. The plan initially was for me to take a tour of Moscow, but since I arrived so late, I was able to just go to my hotel room and spend the night. It ended up being a blessing. I was just so happy to be able to stretch out and listen to the news in English!! The next morning I met up with the Moscow translator's wife and we were able to tour around the Kremlin and Red Square. It was really interesting talking with her and learning so much about Russia's history. Afterwards we returned to the hotel and she returned home. I ventured out on my own and found a McDonald's. What a wonderful sight!! I thoroughly enjoyed my french fries!! The next day I was off to the airport and the 11 hour flight to Atlanta. I sat next to a Russian woman who was living in the states and she spoke very good English. It made the time fly. From Atlanta I caught my flight to NC and was met at the airport. Once back I began collecting new documents that took until the end of November. One more arrived in December and it was in December that I first got the notice about a FBI clearance. So now you are up to date as to where I am in this progress!!

No comments: