
The world of technology is really amazing. Today I was able to confirm that my FBI clearance made it to West Virginia, my copies of documents to Virginia and my apostilled documents are on their way from Raleigh to Virginia. And those are being delivered overnight at that!! A long way from the days of the pony express. But as amazing as technology is, sometimes I find that it is so easy to depend on it for so many things and at times it can be a huge distraction of my time. I can easily find myself spending hours researching or looking for the best bargain and realize that the time has slipped away. It has been a great way to communicate with friends and family who live far away, but the written word can't always communicate the emotions behind the words. There is nothing like seeing some one in person or talking on the phone. In a lot of ways that is how it is with the Lord. I can read his word and there is a lot that is communicated through the Bible, but there is something about coming before him in prayer. I really like the fact that I can be in prayer at any time and it doesn't have to be complicated or rehearsed or spoken eloquently. I can share my heart and he knows the emotions behind it even when sometime it is hard to put those emotions into words. It is also good to know that I don't have to have a tracking number to find him and that he is available 24/7!!
FLASHBACK:
When the caregiver brought Natalie into the room, she was shy at first. But soon we were playing together. The translator was wonderful!! Not only did she translate my questions, Natalie's responses but she did a great job of taking pictures and videotaping for me. We were able to spend about 2 hours together and I really got to see her personality and skills shine through. There was just so much about her that I just liked!! After the time together, I went back to the hotel and straight to bed!!! The next morning I went back to the baby home and we played together for another 2 hours. But then it was time to leave. As sad as it was to leave, I knew this was the child that the Lord had for me and I would be back. At that time I really thought it would be in January. Once I left we then had to go back to the director's building and fill out paperwork. We then had to go to a government office and there I officially requested to adopt and signed more papers. From there we had lunch and did a little sightseeing and shopping. Above is a picture of the Chapel that Krasnoyarsk is famous for. They have weddings there on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. I was able to see several of the brides arrive. I then returned to my hotel. The next day I was up early and headed to the airport for a 9:00 AM flight!!

No comments:
Post a Comment