Monday, April 21, 2008

Office Detail

I can't believe it has been almost a week since I posted, but considering that I have been sick with a terrible sinus infection for a week and half, it really is not surprising. I finally went to the doctor on Friday and started antibiotics. I've lost my voice for 4 days and it is slowly coming back. I just keep thinking, I am glad I am not at work. Natalie continues to do well and she is much more outgoing in new situations. But she still stays close to mama for which I am glad. I realized today that there has been only one day since I returned on April 2, that I have not gone somewhere. I am hoping that I will have at least 2 days this week to stay home. I feel like I am still trying to get my office space organized and I am down to just about a week before returning to work. No wonder women who give birth feel like they need 3 months off!!!
Yesterday we both went to a baby shower for my friend Christy who is also adopting from Russia. Please keep her and her husband in prayer as they are anxiously awaiting a court date. It really is so hard to meet your future child and have to leave that child behind.
We also went to church yesterday and I think in such a large church it was a bit overwhelming for her. But she did great and I heard many compliments on what a sweet child she is and how well she behaved in church!! I don't know how much credit I can take for that.
I am hearing the pitter patter of little feet which lets me know that she is up from her nap, so I will try to write more often!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Please do...does Christy blog?

Journey of Faith said...

Hey, glad to hear you are feeling better. It is sooo hard to be sick and keep up the energy level, isn't it?
I hear you on the work part.
We'll be praying for you and keeping you close in our hearts!

Blessings,
TD&E