Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Beeeutiful or............

Whoville, I'm not sure which. It is amazing to think that not even a month ago, Natalie would not let me hold her hand and now I have my own personal hairdresser. She had the best time "doing " my hair and told me in both Russian and English that my hairstyle was beeeutiful!!


Today my little trooper had to have 2 more shots and after crying and getting one in each arm, her next question was whether or not she had to have any in her legs. When I assured her that she did not, she was a happy little girl again. Tomorrow night will mark 2 weeks since we arrived home. And in those 2 weeks, between Natalie, my mom and myself we have been at the doctor's, lab, dentist or hospital for 10 different visits. I am happy to say that nothing is scheduled for at least a month. She continues to adjust well and today there were no tears again when it came time for her nap and bedtime. Yesterday I also took a nap and went to bed early. We both "slept in" until 7:45 and I feel almost back to normal.


I am hearing more English and some jabbering with little English words thrown in. At times, it is pure Russian. I have so many mixed feelings about this. I want her to be able to function and communicate here in America, but I love hearing her talk in Russian. So those of you that have any recommendations on video cameras please let me know as I want to capture this aspect of her life on tape!!


Today I had to leave her for 2 hours while I went to the dentist. She stayed with my mom and did great. This has also helped her bond with Babushka!!

Natalie loves yogurt and would eat it 6 times a day if I let her. A new friend gave her a crown to wear. Tonight she put on her crown before she ate her yogurt. She is definitely the yogurt queen!!




3 comments:

sandy said...

She is beeeutiful!! You are one lucky mom. I am glad to hear that things are going well during your first two weeks at home. You are so blessed!

Lori said...

Ellie is the Queen of bread. I'm thinking Yogurt has a little more nutrition???

Don and Elizabeth said...

Sheri,
She is beautiful. You make a wonderful family. I am so happy for you and Natalie. Looking forward to following your story.
Elizabeth