Wednesday, April 9, 2008

More Firsts

Last night, Natalie was not feeling well and not able to fully express that to me. I think those are the times when I feel the most frustrated and inadequate. But she woke up this morning, fully recovered and going 100 miles an hour. We also went and checked out a Day Care today. She was quiet during that time, but I know that she was happy to see the children. That was further evidenced when later we were outside and she saw several children in the neighborhood and was yelling out Hi in Russian. I am hearing more and more English words every day and she is constantly asking me what something is and then repeating it. Today she has started where she will run towards me and then just hugs on my leg. Today she also told me "I love you" and gave me my first kiss. I see more and more of the silly side of her coming out to. She also rode around the garage with her helmet on on a bike with training wheels. This child wants to try everything. She has eaten lasagna, salad, corn, cold cereal, lunch meat, and a bunch of other things that just surprise me. I have to confess that I love potato chips. One of my favorites is the kettle cooked Sea Salt and Vinegar. Today she asked me for some. Of course I figured she would not like them, but not only did she eat the few I gave her, but she wanted more. Go figure!!
Tonight I was making Hamburger Helper. She was playing with her kitchen set and had a bag of play food. She asked me what I was making and the next thing I knew she had pulled out a play box of food that said Hamburger Helper.
She had gotten completely over her fear of the cats. When we were in the garage, the door into the kitchen was open and Maxx the cat was sitting in the doorway watching us. She started yelling out, Maxx eedee, which means come here. Of course Maxx just looked at her. We were in Target yesterday and she asked where Bubushka was. My mom had gone to another part of the store. I told her that she was in a different section of the store, so she started yelling out Bubushka and calling for her. A big step when you consider that less that a week ago she was afraid of her.

I was thinking today, that is some ways, watching how Natalie is attaching and how more and more of her personality is emerging must be in some ways, how it is with our relationship with the Lord. He must get so excited when we talk to him more and tell him that we love him and make that time for him. I know how I feel when Natalie responds to me and how I feel as I see her blossom. How proud our Father must be of us.

No comments: