Today the contractor returned and covered up the sewage pipes and leveled out the yard. We were talking and he told me that it is much more common for the inspector to fail the sewage line the first time than to pass it. Although I know God's timing is always perfect, I am still amazed at such a thing as this. I feel like we are coming down to the wire between when the addition is done and my mom moves in and when I leave for Russia. The fact that this passed inspection the first time, just confirms to me that God is going to get her moved in first. What a huge relief that will be for me and for her. About 2 weeks ago I joked with my mom that I could think of about 100 things that needed to be done for the addition to be completed. I did come up with 50 and since have added 20 more. But at this point we are down to just 20 things that need to be completed.
My brother who lives in Alaska will be flying in for a few days at the end of the month. And even though I am ready to go to Russia, it would be okay if I was able to see him and then go. So this may all be part of the reason for the delays. Again God's timing.
I also found out that starting in 2007 NC now allows for a tax credit for adoption. So if my process had not been delayed due to reaccreditation, then I would not be able to claim this on my taxes for next year. Timing!
It is nice to be on the other side of some difficult times and see why those delays were necessary. So when I am stuck behind another of those roadblocks, I just have to remind myself: TIMING!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment