Friday, February 1, 2008
Be Still
I sent my request for my birth certificate on the 22 of January and it arrived the next day. I have called several times and each time I have been told that it has not been processed. Last night I began to panic as I thought about all the personal information that is in the application letter. No one seemed to know where it was since it was not in their system. This morning I called again to express my concern that after 10 days it seemed to have disappeared. I spoke to a woman at length and finally she agreed to send an email to the department that should have received it. She told me she would call be back. A gentleman I spoke to last night also told me he would call back which he never did. I have to admit I thought for sure I would not hear back from her. About 2 hours later I was standing in my office watching the rain pour down outside. As clear as anything in my mind I could hear the words, "Be still and know that I am God." I felt a tremendous peace about the whole situation. And I knew it was God's gentle way of reminding me that I don't need to panic or feel frantic. About 10 minutes later I got a call from the woman I had spoken to. They had located the envelop and apparently they are very backed up because of a huge influx of requests (in light of the movement with adoptions, I can believe this to be true) and that they would be processing it very soon. It was such a relief to know that it was not somewhere floating around. So once again, I am reminded to "BE still" and let the Lord take care of things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for that post...I too need to be reminded daily to be still.
Thanks for the reminder. I have repeated that to myself often since I first read it, and I will continue to do so...
In Christ,
Lyn Franks
Post a Comment