Thursday, February 14, 2008

Pressing On

Today the painters showed up and finished touching up the addition. So all that remains are very small projects inside like filing down a door, putting on storm doors, hauling away unused items and such things. So I hope to move more things in this weekend. Since I didn't know when the painters were coming, I wasn't able to plan for friends to move the furniture this weekend, so it looks like the majority of the furniture will be next weekend. Too bad I'm not partially bionic or I could do it myself.
I know that not being bionic is not my only limitation. There are other skills I lack like drawing, singing, fixing a car and so on. Yet I know that there are areas that I do excel in like organization and getting things accomplished. I have always found it interesting that God has gifted us all in so many different ways, but not in all ways. I know that it is so we can lean on Him and on others that He brings into our lives whether it is at our job, the church, the neighborhood or family. Learning to lean on others or to ask for help can sometimes be a humbling process, but it can also be a joyful time. By that I mean that I can serve others through the skills I have or I can get to know some wonderful people because of the skills they have. I think one of the best gifts that we all have, is the gift to encourage one another and to support one another. Through out my life I have met so many people that have been an encouragement to me.
So today I want to thank those of you who have continually encouraged me during this adoption process and I want to ask you to continue to pray for me to have the strength to continue to press on. On Saturday it will be exactly 4 months since I left for Russia for the first trip. I was told that I would get a court date in 2-4 months. I have hit that 4 month mark with no hint of a court date. Today it is 2 years, 8 months, 1 week and 1 day since I submitted my application. At that time it was 9-12 months from start to finish. During this whole process I have yet to complete a step in the suggested time frame. I know in my head, that God's timing is not my timing, but please pray that I will know this in my heart too and that I will be able to completely rest in His timing.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Sherri, you are so close!!!! Can you believe it? I just know you are going to hear something in the next week or two. Stay the course!

Praying for you!!!!


His, Lori

Journey of Faith said...

Sherri,
I am holding you close in prayer. Hoping you're coming a week behind us- looking forward to games in the hotel, sharing pictures and finding places to hang out in Siberia. Praying for a good word for you!!
Debbie S