Thursday, February 21, 2008

And then there were 11.....

I'm not talking about days before I leave, but the number of documents that I need before I do leave. Started out this morning needing 14 and have it down to just 11. Out of those, one is my VISA (on order) and one is tax stuff (done but not printed) and 5 need to be apostilled. I have 2 of the documents that need to be apostilled. Today I had the day "off" and I use that very loosely. I left home at 8:30 and went to the doctor's office to get all my medical tests updated. They are only good for 3 months and mine were done in November. I go to a walk in clinic. I keep hearing in the news how bad the flu is and now I have no doubt. The place was packed. It took 2 hours just to get to the exam room and another hour to complete all the tests. By this time it was 12:30. Not a big deal if that was all I had to do. I was supposed to be at the immigration office by 1:00 to be fingerprinted. It is 1 1/2 hours away. So I managed to get there by 1:55 and was out of there by 2:15. On my other 2 appointments, I had to wait about 45 minutes. So I left there and headed back home to my home study agency. I arrived there an hour and 45 minutes later!! But I got the documents that I needed.
At this point, the next step is to continue to wait for the documents to arrive and to begin "deep cleaning" and packing and preparing to be away a month. My mom is now moved into her little abode and I am moving and cleaning and preparing for Natalie to come home.
Thank you to all of those who are praying and please keep praying that all these documents will arrive very quickly!!

No comments: