In May of 2005 I left my job as a manager and moved to my current job. When I started that job, I also started my adoption journey. Through the ups and the many downs, my co-workers Lisa and Felicia cheered me on and encouraged me in the dark, disappointing days. My friend Lora who worked with me at the previous job also was cheering me on. Two years ago, Lora came to work at the facility I am working at. In May it would have been 5 years since I started working there.
Felicia, Lisa and Lora have been such a support in the 3 years prior to Natalie coming home and in the 2 years since she has been home. They were there to meet me at the airport, gave me a shower and just listened while I shared the trials and the joys. Not only have they been great therapists to work with, but they have been my friends and my support.
On Tuesday March 23, I will leave my current job and my friends. So many things have changed in the last 2 years and especially the last 2 months. I have had the joy and privilege to work with some great therapists, nurses, nurse's aides, dietary staff and patients and their families. Due to some complicated issues, I don't feel like I can ethically continue in my current position. This is no reflection on the company I work for or the vast majority of people I work with.
It has been heartbreaking to think about not being there any more and it has been a struggle. But the Lord has given me a peace and comfort in knowing that this "journey" is drawing to an end. I am so grateful that I had these wonderful women with me on this journey to becoming a mom and then the first 2 years of being a mom.
I don't think I can ever fully express what their friendship and support has meant to me.
I will miss them dearly, but I am so thankful that they were there with me through it all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sherri,
The joys and sorrows of friendship are heartfelt and forever. I am privileged to have my friendship with you and hope that we will be friends until we marry off our daughters, have grandchildren and retire (not necessarily in that order). I have had the additional privilege of working with you and hope that we will have that opportunity again. I am thankful to God that you have found a new workplace that holds great promise. I wish you the very best on your new journey.
Lora
Praying for you as you leave your old job! Praying for God's peace and for His provision.
Heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com
Reading that made me very teary. I want you to know that i will miss you dearly. i know the next manager will come to know and love you as i do. i thank you for your help when i needed it and for being a wonderful therapist.i have enjoyed watching your patients improve greatly. i appreciate the care you always gave them. i wish you well in ur next journey and i know you will do well. u tell them that i said "they are getting a great ST". take care of yourself and natalie and keep in touch.. ur friend, Felicia
I know you will make new friends at your job and keep the old(er) friends - you are very friendly and faithful!
Post a Comment