Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Joey Update
This morning I found Joey under the bed and curled up in a ball. I took him down stairs to the litter box and he did a few things that had me concerned. So this afternoon we were back to the vet. Joey saw the vet that performed Maxx's life saving surgery and I saw the vet that was with me on Monday passing by and she stopped in. I explained what was going on with Joey. He had some tests done and it turned out that everything was okay, but both vets felt that the major changes like the litter box being gone, the cups of water gone and the bathroom door being closed were quite traumatic to Joey. So just like a little child, he was waiting as long as he could before he had to go which was causing some problems. They also felt that he was indeed grieving for Selah. The vet that saw Selah commented that "cats don't live in our houses, we live in theirs." So they suggested that I put a litter box back up stairs as well as the little cups of water. When we got back from the vets, Joey ran up stairs and began eating. I showed him that "things" were back where they had been before. Only this is a different litter box so I am not sure if that is going to be a problem for him or not. I hope in the future to gradually move it back down stairs. But for the time being if it helps him, it will be worth it. He does seem a little more like himself though he does indeed seem sad. He is actually sleeping on top of the bed instead of under it right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment