Today I started back to work and I was amazed that I made it about 7 hours. I thought I won't even make it to 6 hours. Every one was so sweet to welcome me back. By lunch time it felt like I had never had any time off:) But I am grateful for my job and enjoy the people I work with as well as my job. I was tired at the end of the 7 hours, but glad I had made it through the day.
Natalie has also settled back into school, but I have no doubt that those 2 weeks home with me made a huge difference in our relationship.
The weather is much cooler and I have had to scrap my car windows the last 2 mornings. I know those of you who live in the north are probably laughing at me. But tonight I put the car in the garage. I had just a few requirements when I was buying my house. The main one was that it would have a garage. After years of living in the north and having to scrap my windows and dig out the car from the snow plow, I felt like I had truly had experienced enough of the winter to pamper myself with a garage. Plus it is so cold in the car for Natalie when I don't park in the garage.
It is funny as Halloween and Christmas approach, people will ask her if she is going trick or treating or about "Santa Claus." For her the traditions and expectations are not there because she has not experienced them. So for me, it presents challenges as I know what we begin as traditions will set the stage for her expectations in the years to come. So I am seeking the Lord for wisdom in how to explain the holidays and for what parts of the holidays will become parts that we will embrace, parts that will be explained and parts that I really don't want to be included in our celebrations.
Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays and I am happy that we will be celebrating it at our house this year. It has been a hard and challenging year, but as Thanksgiving approaches, I have so much to be thankful and grateful for. I will save all of those closer to the holiday.
So tomorrow is already Friday and my work week is over! I did plan it that way on purpose!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good Grief Sherri! I have not been reading blogs lately...I have been so busy! I am really sorry to hear about everything in your life but it looks as though it is all on the up swing...glad to see you are doing better and Natalie looks beautiful as always! Thinking about you and everyone we met and missing you all so much!
Post a Comment