Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dossier Dance

Ever since returning from Russia, my two main goals have been to trim all the bushes in my yard and to go through all my paperwork and get rid of the things that I don't need. I wish I could say that I have accomplished both, but (sigh) I still have about 10 more bushes to trim. I started going through my briefcase (one of those messenger bags that expands and it is expanded to the fullest) of all the paperwork and dossier papers I have kept over the last 4 years (2005-2008.) Perhaps it is the sentimental aspect, perhaps it is all those multiple trips to various offices, notaries and UPS but I am not quite ready to get rid of the copies of the dossier. I have shredded a bunch of documents (like my 4 USCIS approvals) that have absolutely no value and I kid you not, if I stacked what I have shredded so far, it would measure about 6 inches. I am still not done sorting and will re-sort and get rid of duplicates (my home study agency would make me up to 4 original copies notarized.) I look at all the time and money spent to do the various documents and then I look at Natalie and beyond a shadow of doubt, I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

Natalie never ceases to amaze me. The last two weeks her language skills have really taken off. I am surprised not only by the words and sentences she is using but also by concepts that she has gained through Day Care. It seems lately that so much of my time has been spent taking Natalie, my mom or myself to the doctor and on those days I have to leave work early and then on the other days, work late to make up the time. The result has been that Natalie is spending more time in Day Care than I want her to. I am also missing out on so many things that she is doing because of being 45 minutes away (day care is near home not work.) So several weeks ago I made the decision to move her to a day care that is 5 minutes away from my job. This day care has an excellent reputation and there is always a waiting list to get in. Well, there was an opening this summer, but not in the fall. But the director was great and told me about a program that is geared towards children whose primary language is not English. This program runs in the fall and is designed to help children catch up to their age group. I am happy to report that Natalie was accepted into this program. It is held at the day care and will start in the fall. By making this change, I will now have an hour round trip commute instead of 1 1/2 to 2 hours (time to take and pick up Natalie from day care and to go back and forth to work) and we will have the time in the car. I will also be able to run over and have lunch with her or attend special events, including her birthday which is coming up soon. I am grateful for the care and all that she has learned at her current day care, but I am excited that my commute will be less and and the additional time we will have together not only in riding together, but being able to get home earlier. It is truly amazing when I see how God orchestrated the timing of every thing. God is good!

1 comment:

Lori said...

That's is indeed great news! Yay, God!