Sunday, June 1, 2008

Summer Fun






It has been a really busy week. Over Memorial Day weekend, my friend Tess came to visit from Boston. We all went to a park where we rode a train, a Merry-go-Round, played golf and mined for gems! We also broke out the swimming pool. On Memorial Day we also went to Build a Bear thanks to the generosity of my friend Tina. Natalie built a dog, which was interesting since she is still uncertain about dogs!! This past week at work has been really busy and I have had projects at home to work on for the job. Hopefully this week will be a little less stressful. Natalie continue to do well and though she is using more English words, I sometimes wonder what "language" she is speaking as a lot of it is not English or Russian. I think she is just trying to transition to English and can't always "find" the word she is searching for. I know all mothers must think they have the most wonderful child, but honestly I am just often amazed at the sweetness of Natalie. Today for instance, she wanted to help me put away all of my clean laundry, then we went outside and she asked if she could put fresh water in the cat dish. Then she asked if she could water the garden and then she was cleaning out her pool with the strainer. She just loves to help. Yesterday she spent the day with my friend Lisa and all of boys. She had a great time!! Also she wants to pray before the meals and when she goes to bed now. I can't always understand what she is saying, but I do hear the words school and Babushka. Tomorrow marks 2 months since we returned to the states. In some ways it seems she has been here always and in other ways, it seems like she just got here. I have been updating my photo albums and it is amazing the difference in her from just 2 1/2 months ago.

I've posted some pictures of our activities this week!!


No comments: