Sunday, January 30, 2011

Spring is in the air

Having lived in both Pennsylvania and Massachusetts, I do empathize with those dealing with the snow. But today it has been a beautiful day. Not sure what the high was for the day, but at 6:00 PM it is now 66 degrees. Today I took Natalie out to ride her bike. This is the second time we have gone without training wheels. So we practiced for about 20 minutes with her pedaling and me holding on to her shoulder. I let her go and she went!!! I was running (truly running) along side of her in case she lost her balance, but she didn't. She was able to ride solo 6 more times. I was there along side her, but she did it!! She was getting the braking down too by time we finished. Then we went next door to our neighbor's and she practiced shooting basketballs. Their hoop is set at regulation height while at Upward, it is lower (not sure of the actual height, but probably at least a foot lower) She was getting the basketball in the hoop about 40% of the time. I picked up a magazine at Bashka's house and had her read a short paragraph. She was able to read all but about 4 words. Blossom in the word that comes to my mind. That is what Natalie is doing. As she continues to feel loved and safe and settled in, she is becoming more and more confident. I am truly blessed by this child and the goodness of the Lord in giving her to me.
Spring is in the air and I am having the incredible privilege of watching her bloom where she has been planted!!

No comments: