Monday, March 9, 2009

Five Months later, one year ago today





It was one year ago today after 5 very long months that I got to see Natalie again. She had changed so much in those 5 months. She was taller and thinner and seemed to have changed from a little toddler into a little girl. Now I look at her and think she has changed from a little toddler into a little girl!!



Last night I let her stay up and watch part o f "The Amazing Race." It was filmed in Krasnoyarsk where she is from. She sat on my lap and was so excited about it. She kept hugging me and saying over and over, "I'm so glad you came and got me." I had to laugh as I watched the contestants come into the airport on that 5:40 AM flight. What memories. And then today it hit me, that Natalie also was at that airport, when we flew out to Moscow. What a flight that was. She did not want to leave her seat belt on, but she finally gave up and slept part of the way. Of course it wasn't a year ago that we left on that flight. I still had to go to court the next day and then wait out the 10 day waiting period. Today I mentioned to a co-worker that I had stayed a month in the country. She was amazed that I was there that long. Now it is hard to remember being there that long, but I do remember all too well after I hit about 2 weeks there, making a calendar and trying to fill it up with some event each day to make the time go quicker. I think the last 4 days of the waiting period were the hardest. But God was so good as I made some new friends there including an American missionary, several adopting families and a young girl that spoke English that I still correspond with.

2 comments:

Journey of Faith said...

Joy, hope and love- these are the things I see in her face as I look at her picture today. Thank you God for placing these two in each others lives!!

Kevin, Christy and Evan said...

What a difference the love of a mother makes. I can just see the love and happiness in her eyes. It is amazing how much she has changed in the last year. She is such a beautiful little girl.