This time last year, I was in Moscow preparing for the next day when I would have my medical exams done at the American clinic in Moscow. That still makes me laugh. I just looked back at my blog and one of the things I wrote about was seeing the American flag flying there. Ever since I moved back from Romania I have always had an American flag on my porch. When I see it, it never ceases to make me grateful for the wonderful country we live in.
This has been an unbelievable week. Between the snow, having to work long hours to make up for lost time, waiting on my report to arrive (the stress involved with that) and Natalie getting sick again I am just worn out. It was another down to the wire adventure (which I won't go into details about) with getting the report out. As I got back into the car after mailing the report, and was driving away, Natalie put on my snow gloves (only about 6 sizes too big) and yelled out to my mom and me, "Hey y'all look at me!!" Later I asked her to hand me my purse from the back and seat and she said, "Here you are ma'am!" She totally cracks me up.
I find it so hard to believe that a year ago, I was "stuck" in Moscow when all I wanted to do, was hurry to Krasnoyarsk and see my sweet little girl. At times like this when I am thinking about the long journey to bring her home, I will walk into her bedroom (she is usually asleep when I start down memory lane) and I am just amazed that she is really home. She has amazed me so much in just a year. Even today when I was so stressed, she would run up to me and give me a kiss and tell me how much she loved me, totally unexpected. She is so perceptive. She is so precious and it was and is so worth all the hurdles to have her home with me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love reading your Blog...it is easy to see just how much you absolutely love your daughter and how much she loves you! I am so happy for you both! Kim :)
I can't believe it has been a year since we met- and since we last saw each other!! I wish I could have met your sweet little girl. It was so wonderful to have you be a part of our journey. I can't believe Sunday is our gotcha day!! I still thank God for you and Nancy taking care of us.... I was so distraught over Tim being so sick. You were and are such a blessing to me!! Congrats as you begin your countdown to Gotcha day number one :0)
Post a Comment