As usual it has been too long since I have written. I often think about it and even get as far as logging in before I decide that I need to head to bed instead. I do have to work tomorrow so this will be brief with a New Year's Resolution to try to be more consistent.
We had a good Christmas and as I had hoped it was far less stressful than last year. I think actually having time off was a big plus. Natalie and I were able to do more this year. She participated with the Children's Choir two nights, we baked lots of cookies (still eating those) made a gingerbread house together (check that one off the list to NOT do again :)) decorated the tree, opened a day on the advent calendar each day and did our best to keep Pippi out of the tree. Natalie went "shopping" at school and bought some sweet gifts for me and Bashka for Christmas. Two of the Christmas parties got cancelled due to weather or sickness so it was fun to stay in on those nights.
We continue to work hard every night on her letters, counting, sight words and reading. I have seen such an improvement in her skills. This past weekend Natalie went and spent several nights with her cousin in Virginia. She was very anxious to come back home and yesterday and today she has told me numerous times how much she missed me. When I went to get her, I was thinking about the first time she spent several days with her cousin. Oh, how she did not want to come home with me. She cried and cried and was as mad as could be at me for making her come home. I heard from an old friend on Fasebook today and he commented how much Natalie looked like me. The funny thing was that he had no idea that she was adopted. Yesterday I was telling my mom how corn would affect poor Natalie's belly. My mom turned to me and said, "she gets that from you!" Ha ha! (I have had a sensitive stomach) On one hand I love the fact that so many "things" are assumed and yet on the other hand, I am always willing to share that Natalie was adopted (not that I go around broadcasting it, but if the opportunity arises then I share) if only to show others was a wonderful blessing adoption is.
2009 was a hard year in so many ways. I lost my beloved cat Selah, my cat Maxx came very close to dying and Natalie going to school has been a way harder transition for me than for her. Yet, 2009 has been a great year in the relationship that has developed between Natalie and me. I do love my little girl even more than last year if that is possible. I am excited to see what God has in store for 2010.
May you all have a Blessed and Happy New Year!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a year! Natalie looks so grown up. What a beautiful little girl and I know you are so proud of her, her many accomplishments and achievements and her sweet personality. Hannah says to say "hi" to her.
Lots of love
Kristl
Post a Comment