Thursday, December 3, 2009

Catching Up

Natalie and Pippi
Pippi growing up fast

Pippi helping decorate the Christmas tree.


Natalie and her cousin Heather at Thanksgiving.



I know it has been awhile since I posted and I really don't have the time to write tonight, but I did want to share a few pictures. We had a great Thanksgiving at my sister Susan's home and as always she blessed us with lots of clothes and toys for Natalie. As we head into December and the many activities going on, I just want to pause and try to stay focused on the true meaning of Christmas. Natalie had a "homework" assignment tonight (one of several) to make a list of everything that she wanted for Christmas. We didn't do the assignment. Natalie doesn't really understand the concept of making a list of what she wants for Christmas and as long as I can get away with it, I really don't want her to be in that mind set of "getting" at Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I love giving gifts and getting gifts, but I really want the focus to be on Jesus and the greatest gift we have ever received. I want Christmas to be about giving and appreciating the "getting" and not just opening of one present and rushing onto the next gift.
Already people have asked her if she is excited about Christmas and Santa coming. Everyone has a different view about Santa and I respect however people have decided to include Santa. For us, Santa is a part of Christmas, but Santa is not the focus of Christmas. I am determined this year for Christmas to be far less stressful than it was last year and also more meaningful to Natalie as she understands so much more. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas just in case I don't write before then!!




No comments: