Saturday, May 10, 2008

Tornadoes

Perhaps those of you who live further away heard about tornadoes that came through North Carolina on Thursday night. Today I heard that there were 4 tornadoes that touched down. One was about 5 miles from my house. It was a pretty scary night and at one point I took Natalie down stairs as the worse went through. We came back upstairs and got a recorded phone call telling us that there was tornado activity in our area expected in the next 30 minutes. So I took Natalie back downstairs and managed to gather up all the cats and head to the bathroom with a flashlight and radio. Thankfully the second storm was not serious by the time it reached us, but did major damage about 20 miles away. Needless to say I didn't sleep much that night. I am grateful that we did not have any damage. Natalie did fine and she did cry only because she had to go back to bed. She thought it was pretty cool to be up in the middle of the night. We both were quite tired by time we got up the next morning. But I do think some of that was due in part to the fact that I just finished my first full week back to work and she finished her first full week at day care.
She continues to do well there and I believe she is now up to about 90 words that she is using. Tonight we celebrated Mother's Day with my sister, her husband and my mom. Thank you to all of you who sent me Mother's Day cards. It was so sweet and I was really touched. Natalie made a flower in day care for me. I am so grateful to be celebrating it this year.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and those soon to be mothers!!

3 comments:

sandy said...

Glad to hear you're okay. I can't even imagine having tornadoes rolling through the neighborhood, and so close to your house.

Happy belated Mother's Day!

Lori said...

your first mommy's day! Congratulations!

Lori said...

ps...you need to add a pic of Nat on your side bar under "my children:0)"