As much as I want to write every day, the reality is that it is getting harder and harder to find the time. So I will try to update in detail when I do have the chance. This week Natalie started Day Care. On Monday and Wednesday she attended for 2 and 1/2 hours in the morning and on Tuesday she went for 2 hours in the afternoon. So by yesterday, she knew part of the routine and the staff and children. I dropped her off at 6:40 AM. She did great getting up at 5:50 AM and we were able to get there bright and early. I didn't cry, though it made me feel sad that she would spend the majority of her day with people who were complete strangers to me and to her at this point.
I headed off to work certain that I would think about her all day. And I did to a certain point because everyone kept asking about her and how she was doing. It really was wonderful to go back to work and hear so many people not only ask about her, but to hear so many people tell me how much I was missed and how glad they were to have me back. I thought the day would drag, but it was far from it. I guess word had gotten around that I was back and I was busy nonstop. I didn't even get a chance to call and check on her until mid afternoon. Of course she was just fine. When I picked her up I was just so happy to see her. She had been playing outside and had sand everywhere. When she got in the car, she told me she really enjoyed herself and sang the whole way home. I knew it was in Russian and when we got home, I asked her to sing it again. Not only did she sing, but she also danced to the song. I am happy to report, I was able to capture it on video. On Tuesday night I had made a little pillow for her to have at Day Care. I took it Wednesday morning and left it in her cubbie. She has talked nonstop about the "padushka" and could not understand why she couldn't bring it home with her. Today we brought it home and she slept with it.
This morning when I took her she was singing when we arrived and immediately went to a play area. She is doing well. I had another busy day at work and had to rush home to take my cat Selah for a follow up appointment. She is doing well and the incision has healed without a problem. She has gained 1/2 pound which is pretty good considering she just has the tooth taken out a week ago and couldn't eat for several day.
Every day I realize more and more just how special and wonderful this child is. We have a great time together once I pick her up and even though we aren't spending as much time together, it is still very special and I know this child has bonded with me. I really can"t imagine my life without her.
Yesterday she got mail, but I didn"t open it until this evening. It was her certificate of citizenship. What a wonderful document. I need it in order to apply for her social security card. Along with her certificate, she also got a letter from the President of the United States on official White House letterhead. I know it is a form letter and perhaps some people would not think much of it, but I love the fact that I am an American citizen and I love this country. It also touches my heart to know that Natalie is an American citizen with all the opportunities that everyone has, not to mention the freedoms. I would like to share a little of the letter with you.
"Dear Fellow American,
I am pleased to congratulate you on becoming a United States citizen. You are now a part of a great and blessed Nation. I know your family and friends are proud of you on this special day.
Americans are united across the generations by grand and enduring ideals. The grandest of these ideals is an unfolding promise that everyone belongs, that everyone deserves a chance, and that no insignificant person was ever born."
I love the part that no insignificant person was ever born. Who knows who the next George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr, Madam Curie or the person that finds a cure for cancer will be. No one is insignificant and I am curious to see what God has in store for Natalie or anyone of us. May we never take for granted our American citizenship and the people who have fought for those ideals. God bless America!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Amen sister, I totally hear you on how special that letter is.
Sounds like everything is going well- so glad to hear it!!
I go back to work at the end of the month. Mixed feelings on that- but I'm sure it'll be great bonding time for Papa and Eli!
Blessings,
Deb
Post a Comment