At the beginning of the week, Natalie's NC birth certificate arrived. I started the process in February of last year. Everything was done in the state of NC, but I am amazed at how long the process was. That is one thing to check off my list of goals for this year. That allowed me to check off another goal which was to finish her Life Book. That is sort of a prefab 3 ring binder that has information about the journey to get Natalie. It was a lot of work and I am glad that I did it and did it within the first several years. There is a lot of information that is hard to remember. For example, what the major news headlines were at the time she came home. I've started finally working on a scrapbook for her first year home. My goal is to get it completed before her 2 year anniversary home which is in April. I'm plugging along and making good progress. (yes, another goal.)
Friday evening it started snowing and by time it finished yesterday, we had 8 inches of snow!! Natalie and I went outside in the 20 degree weather to try some sled riding. On Friday I called a local hardware store (due to the anticipated forecast of 6-12 inches of snow) to see if they had any type of sledding saucers. They had run out but expected a supply that afternoon. They called back later and reserved 2 for us. What a blessing! When we got there to pick them up, the place was packed and there were many disappointed people because all of the "sleds" had been bought or reserved. Natalie had never gone sledding and we were able to get just enough of a hill in the back yard right into the woods. She had a great time. It is much warmer today (34 degrees) so after her nap, we will head out again. No church today due to the weather and rough roads. I am pretty sure there will be no school tomorrow, but of course there will be work!! Enjoy the pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment