The other day I read a quote in Reader's Digest (sorry I don't remember the name of the author at the moment) something along the lines of: "In raising small children: the days are long but the years are short" Wow! How profound. There have been days when I have felt like Natalie was never going to get the concept of what I was trying to teach her or the values I am trying to instill in her. Today I picked her up after work at day care and her teacher told me that the children were just wild today and just not listening. BUT she said that there were several children who did a great job listening and those children got suckers. Well, I am very happy to say that Natalie was one of those children. It was about a month ago that she got a "red" string in class for not listening to the teachers. We have talked on and on about how important it is to listen and obey. She has been doing so much better at school and at home since this incident (she did have a few things taken away from her as a result and since has earned them back) and it was so encouraging to me to hear that she did not follow the crowd but instead did the "right" thing.
So on those long days when I feel like I am repeating myself over and over, it is such a joy to know that she is hearing what I am saying and when the "tests" come, she is choosing to make good decisions.
May God continue to give me the wisdom and patience needed to raise Natalie and to help her to chose the right thing to do!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wonderful!
Post a Comment