Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Far Too Long

It has been way too long since I have posted. Life is just busy and I find that I am constantly behind on emails, laundry and house work. So I guess I have joined the ranks of many other families. There were several families that adopted around the same time and I used to daily check their blogs to stay in touch. Now I find I go weeks without checking in. Life has actually slowed down just a bit as the major renovations are done in the house. Natalie and I are looking forward to an upcoming vacation to Boston in less than 2 weeks. I consider Boston the start of the adoption process and here we are coming full circle.
We had some touch weeks with behavior issues but Natalie has settled back into a routine and is doing well. Last weekend we worked in the yard and she was such a big help. She is always talking about her birthday which isn't until July. Not only is she smaller than most of her classmates, but she is also younger. Next week she will "graduate" from her More at Four program. It is hard to believe that she has gone through a whole year of school without any major changes. In her first first 6 months home, she was at home for a month and then in 3 different day cares (due to location and aging out.)
Several weeks ago Natalie went to her kindergarten screening. I was really happy to find out that she was only 1 year delayed in her language skills. When I think that she has been speaking English for only 1 year I think she is doing really well. We have started having "school" every day at home for about 15-20 minutes a day. She enjoys this time and hopefully it will help her to catch up a little more. She continues to grow in so many ways. Instead of describing what they are, I think I will just post some pictures of our recent events.





At the museum

On the train

At Ripley's Aquarium

At the beach

At the zoo

Easter Sunday

Just Cute!

3 comments:

Kevin, Christy and Evan said...

Natalie is such a cutie! I love that smile. Looks like she is having a great time on all of her adventures. Isn't it amazing the changes we have seen as reflect back on this past year.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Natalie looks fantastic! I wouldn't let the language delay worry you too much. She'll catch up in no time. Look how far she has come in one year! I can't believe the kids have all grown so much this past year. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Natalie is beautiful! We love seeing all the photos and how much she has grown. Thanks for sharing! Kim, Brian, Aiden, Taryn & Connor