Natalie loves to compare things that we do or wear or eat. If there is the slightest chance that they may look alike, she joyfully claims, "We match!" Friday we went to the mall to do some clothes shopping. It has been interesting to see how friendly she has become since her language skills have really increased. She will say hello to people in WalMart, in church, in the mall, etc.
So Friday night I am checking out at JC Penney's. She proceeds to tell the cashier that she has money at home in her piggy bank. BUT, her mommy has lots of money. Now I do wish she was right, but there is no way she can comprehend the value of money right now. She loves to cut out things. I give her the Sunday sales papers and she just so enjoys cutting out the different pictures. She will often tell me that she is making money for me. Ahh, if it was only that easy to have money:)
But I digress from my original purpose in writing this post. As she is charming the cashier with her tales of money, the sweet lady tells me how beautiful she is and how sweet she is. Then the cashier goes on to tell me how much she looks like me. My heart just melted and I could feel the tears start to build up. But I held it together and smiled and told her thank you. She had no idea how she had just made my day. I looked at Natalie and said, "We match!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a special feeling to Match!!
LOVE IT!!!!
Post a Comment